NEDIC focuses on awareness and the prevention of eating disorders, food and weight preoccupation, and disordered eating by promoting critical thinking skills and a healthy, balanced-lifestyle.
Our varied and extensive outreach and education initiatives include:
• The development and dissemination of information and resources on eating disorders, body image, and food and weight preoccupation
• Delivering workshops/ presentations, panel discussions, and webinars tailored to different audiences (schools, community groups, health care and education professionals). Learn more about Body Pride, our youth-oriented programming.
• Running annual prevention and awareness campaigns including: Eating Disorder Awareness Week (February 1-7 in Canada) and International No Diet Day (May 6th)
For information on Outreach & Education, please contact the Outreach & Education Coordinator.
DIRECT CLIENT SUPPORT
We operate Canada’s only National Toll-Free Helpline providing information on treatment options and/or support to people across Canada either directly or indirectly affected by disordered eating and related concerns.
NEDIC’s national directory of 600+ service providers supports our trained Direct Client Support staff in providing relevant local resources and referrals to Canadians across the country.
Reach out and call us today
With the support of our corporate and community partners NEDIC has developed targeted educational programs for children and youth, and professional development.
• Be You Challenge program with the Girl Guides of Canada
• NEDIC’s Biennial Body Image and Self-Esteem Conference targeted to professionals (health care, educators, etc.)