Body Image & Self-Esteem
Body image is the mental picture you have of your body - what it looks like, what you believe about it, and how you feel about your body. Self-esteem is the "real" opinion you have of yourself. how you value and respect yourself as a person. Your self-esteem has a direct effect on how you take care of yourself, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Self-esteem and body image also exert influences on each other - it is hard to feel good about yourself if you hate your body!
Take a moment to learn about important issues regarding self-esteem and body image.
- Appearance & Self- Esteem
- Eating Disorders, Fertility & Pregnancy
- How to Accept our Natural Weight
- Planning for the Pregnant Body
- Set Point: What Your Body is Trying to Tell You
- Women, Body Image, Self-Esteem
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Adios Barbie